Pages

Sunday 11 March 2012

Finishing up with the mountains

Just as it's starting to get into spring seems an appropriate time to have finished the 'Un Jour à la Montagne' cross-stitch I've been working on for the last three weeks. 

It was stitched on DMC 6/cm aida in Ecru and ended up using 5 skeins of embroidery thread, DMC 815. 

Here's how it looked a week ago:

And after adding the border:
Now it's been masking-taped to the wall, as we've not been able to find it a frame despite looking everywhere here we can think of!
I know, it still needs a good iron!

           
       

2 comments:

  1. this is wonderful! I love it!! please post again when you have it framed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I will indeed, when I manage to find one that it fits in! :S I'm hoping that I'll be able to find one in the UK when we return in June!

      Delete