Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

A card for Mother's Day

So, it's just over a week until Mother's Day at home, so it felt like I'd best be getting on with making a card to send to my mother, what with the posting it from France, which can be, on occasion, temperamental. 

So, I set myself up with the necessary equipment this morning:
And, with only a vague idea in my head, set to making.
I knew I wanted to incorporate these origami carnations, but that was all.
I therefore decided to start with the envelope, so that I knew what size the card needed to be!
This was also origami, and I followed this, to make this envelope:
I then made these carnations:
And set about putting them onto a card:
I used a smaller piece of paper to back them on to try to make sure they stay on the card *fingers crossed* and taped them at the back:
Next, I decided to add 'Happy Mother's Day' to the top of the card, in the gap
And, after writing in pencil, went over with my fine-liners:

Voila, finished card!
Let's hope it gets to my mother in one piece!
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment