Pages

Friday 11 January 2013

How Bazaar

At the beginning of December, my work held a Christmas Bazaar, so along with helping out with making cakes to sell, my wife and I had a wander round looking at the wares on sale. Mostly we just picked up food, but we also found some excellent things on the bric-a-brac stall. Paying very little (basically all our small change) we came away with the following items:

While we initially thought these were old suitcases, we were (and are) unsure as to what their intended purpose was. Along with not knowing their purpose, my wife and I were not yet clear as to what we were going to do with them; we just knew they were decorative and appealing to us. 

After leaving them in the living room for a little while, my wife concluded that if we turned the two smaller cases on their ends they would make interesting vases for artificial flowers. We remembered seeing some nice flowers in Dunelm Mill last time we were there and so went on a return visit. 

We also picked up some foam discs for putting artificial flowers in so that we could arrange them in a more secure way. We went for wildflowers for our cases and made up bunches in the shop to try to get the right number and the right combination of flowers. 

Here are the finished products:
And here they are in situ in our living room:
We're definitely very happy with the way they turned out, and feel they add a nice pop of colour and happiness to the room. 
We have yet to do something with the largest case, which when you open the top has three round holes, but I'm sure at some point we shall.

If anyone has any clue as to what the intended purpose of these items is, please let me know as I'd love to find out!
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment