Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

Blog Redesign

Recently I've been thinking about redesigning my blog as I was missing the sidebar that I used to have many moons ago. This probably came from simply writing as many posts as I have recently, and therefore spending much more time with my blog. I mostly kept wanting to add widgets down the side of my posts and was upset that I couldn't. I figured that was as good a reason as any to have a rethink of the appearance of my blog. 

I began by thinking of what I needed to do in order to make me happier with my blog, and decided I wanted to add a new header to the page. I also thought it would be fun for me to design this myself and as such I brought out my iPad and decided to try out the iFontMaker app that I downloaded a couple of weeks ago.
I made the font I wanted for my header, and then moved across to my Mac, getting out my Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet (which I haven't used for quite a long time) and reinstalling Adobe Photoshop Elements. At this point I simply added whatever images I could think of that I liked, designing as I went. 
I then altered the opacity of the colour in the image until it was subtle enough as I didn't want it to be quite so bright, saved it and then uploaded it to this blog.

The final steps were to pick a template (Travel), choose a background from those available and adjust the colours, fonts and layout until I was happy with it. 
So that's how my blog went from this:
to this:
Next on the list: update my About Me, seeing as I'm no longer that young and I don't live in France anymore!
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment