Pages

Friday 27 April 2012

Four letters for four years

Yesterday was my wife and I's four year anniversary, which obviously required celebrating, but we decided to spend nothing. I therefore trawled the apartment for supplies, thought of an idea and came up with this:
This evolved from an idea of using some french knitting to make a word wall decoration. I just had no idea when I started of quite how it would go or how I would achieve it. 
First of all, I had to make a french knitting doll so that I could do that part. Again, this was done using things I found around the apartment. Those things happened to be plastic spoons and a toilet roll tube. So here is my knitting doll:
Let the french knitting commence ...
(And I was so busy doing it, I forgot to take a photo)
I then took a hanger
And straightened it out:
This told me how long my french knitting needed to be, so I did a bit more and then, after wrapping masking tape around the hanger, inserted it down the centre of the tube before fastening off the knitting:
Here's a close up of what it looked like:
Then came the tricky part, making this length of wired french knitting into a word. At this point I underestimated the strength of a wire hanger that until this point had seemed pretty flimsy and insubstantial!
After a fair bit of elbow grease and the help of some pliers, I had the finished product:
I reckon it's pretty appropriate for an anniversary and not bad for supplies found around the flat! :D
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment