Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Upgrades

I'm meant to be focussing on getting the Very Pink Jumper done, but keep getting distracted by the iPad, now that I've discovered I can draw on it better than I expected!

Starting off with Sketchbook Express, I decided that for £2.99, the upgrade to Sketchbook Pro was worth it. This was the first amendment I made to my iPad art-making process.

The second was to construct a stylus for my iPad. I found that while I could draw with my finger, I was missing the use of an implement, and so after some investigations, mostly on youtube, I found that it was possible to make your own. My favourite! :)

A quick hunt around our little apartment gave me the required materials - a sponge, scissors and an old biro. The casing specifically had to be metal to make the stylus work, something that I did not have, so I made use of an old biro refill. Quite simply, I sewed a piece of sponge around the base of the refill and cut it to shape, simples!

The finished stylus

It's not the prettiest of styluses, but it does the job pretty well, I think.


Here are a few of the images I created with these upgrades:


Right, so, back to the Very Pink Jumper - I will get more of it done today!
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment