Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Introducing the Birthday Blanket

Today is Wednesday. Wednesday is the day that Bernat releases their clues for this years Knit-A-Long and Crochet-A-Long (Today will be the second clue, released at 10am EST). As I am signed up to receive their email updates, a month or so ago I became aware of these mystery -a-longs. I was very interested in taking part.

However, I am already four months, and 55 squares, into creating a blocked blanket and it was decided that I shouldn't/couldn't do either mystery blanket. At least not now. I am however keeping the clues, just in cases.

Here's a little about the blanket I'm making:

For my wife's 20th birthday, I gave her twenty presents. One of them was Jan Eaton's 200 Knitted Blocks, with a note inviting her to design a blanket using the blocks listed, which I would then make for her.

There have been several designs for this blanket, but the final one (I hope) is this:

Blanket design

The squares so far
There is much more information (and the previous designs) here.
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment