Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Toto

The third and final part of the Dorothy costume I made for World Book Day (see here) was not something to wear, but rather an accessory to place in the pocket of the pinny I was wearing. It also happened to be the favourite part of my costume for the children at school. I made a knitted Toto. 

To make the dog, I used the book, 'Best In Show: Knit Your Own Dog', as I did when making the pug for my friend, and chose to make the West highland Terrier, and used some wool that I had stashed away from making a bear for my wife several years ago. 


The wool I used made it rather interesting to sew up the dog as it made seeing the individual stitches rather tricky. I took this as both a good and a bad thing though as it meant that although I couldn't be as accurate in the stitching as I might usually be, I figured that equally, nobody would be able to tell!


After I'd finished knitting and sewing up Toto, I made him a little name tag from a length of ribbon and a small circle of card which I simply hole punched and threaded onto the ribbon.

So, there you have it, the final piece of my Book Day costume, all of which cost me £6 in total, and was mostly made up of materials I already owned. It also took only about a week of my time, so all-in-all, took much less time than it's taken me to blog about them!
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment