Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

All sewn up

You may recall that back in May of last year, I laid out the Birthday Blanket (as blogged about here) and began the rather large job of sewing all 121 squares together. Yesterday I finally completed that task and gave the finished thing to my wife. She was rather surprised as she had no idea I'd recently been sewing together the last couple of rows, but loved the finished product. 

I know you're wanting to see the blanket now, so here's a photo of it on our double bed (to give you an idea of size):


After all that hard work (and time), laying the blanket out on the bed was very satisfying for me. It was also the first time I really knew the size of the blanket. Upon finding this out, I realised that although the blanket is wide enough for a double bed, it's not quite long enough. This may not be a problem at all, depending on whether we use this blanket as a bed blanket, or as a throw for use on the sofa. It's therefore possible that this blanket still isn't finished! I may yet add a couple of rows to make the blanket that little bit more bed-sized and it's still possible that I'll add a border of some kind, just to finish off the edges.

But, for now at least, this blanket is finished, a year and four months after I started making it!
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment