Pages

Saturday 13 April 2013

One whippet

Another one of the projects I mentioned here that I've now finished is the knitted whippet. I actually started this project back at the beginning of March, before I started (and completed) my World Book Day costume. 

The knitting up of this little dog wasn't all too tricky, and when I actually got back to it, it didn't take all too long to finish. To make sure the dog's legs were as sturdy as possible I followed the recommendation in 'Best In Show: Knit Your Own Dog' to use pipe cleaners. This is because the legs are so narrow that the extra support is needed. 

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the way this whippet turned out, and very much enjoyed that it is only one colour, as this eliminated the need for colour changes.



So there you have him, one more of the dogs from this book that I've knitted up, bringing the grand total to three so far, with one more to do sometime before the summer!
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment